Friday, 30 December 2011

An unreasonable request...

... it is, as well, it really is - especially in a large Enterprise that has grown rather organically.

What I'd really like [big grin] is the network to be segmented for my convenience - Windows servers on one segment, UNIX on another, network kit on another and so on. It'd be so much easier for setting probe ranges and making sure jobs like Host Connection by SSH don't try and connect to Windows machines. My error logs would decrease in size dramatically!

Of course it'd be a complete pain in the nether regions for the people actually managing the network and the things that go on inside it, but that's .. well, that's someone else innit ;-) ?

So today I am working on checking over ranges to see where I have Windows kit being scanned by SSH jobs and so on and so forth. It'll be an ongoing job but best to get it started (again - I've been here before) - and this time I'll document the way I do it so that someone else can do it next time. Probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment